Spyhole In PVC Door

I hope someone can answer this question. My father has a PVC Door bought from CR Smith in the UK for way too much money, but that's a different story... anyway I visited him last night to find that he has contacted CR Smith to come out to give him a price for fitting a spyhole to his door- he said something about being quoted 400 for the priveledge(which has now been cancelled).
I fitted a spyhole in the front door of my old flat but that was a reasonably thick wooden door and from what I can remember the spyhole would be too deep to install on a PVC door.
Are there spyholes made specifically to fit the thin part of a PVC door and if so where do you find them or can you just get a regular one and cut it's length to fit?
Thanks

How thick is this "thin part"? http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalog/Door_Viewers.html have some spy holes down to 25mm
Sparks...
says...

Good lead.
uPVC door panels are typically either 20,24, or 28mm thick.
A 25mm viewer could be cut to fit the thin panel.
--
Ziggur
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"