Spyhole In PVC Door

I hope someone can answer this question. My father has a PVC Door bought from CR Smith in the UK for way too much money, but that's a different story... anyway I visited him last night to find that he has contacted CR Smith to come out to give him a price for fitting a spyhole to his door- he said something about being quoted £400 for the priveledge(which has now been cancelled).

I fitted a spyhole in the front door of my old flat but that was a reasonably thick wooden door and from what I can remember the spyhole would be too deep to install on a PVC door.

Are there spyholes made specifically to fit the thin part of a PVC door and if so where do you find them or can you just get a regular one and cut it's length to fit?

Thanks

Reply to
John

How thick is this "thin part"?

some spy holes down to 25mm

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Good lead.

uPVC door panels are typically either 20,24, or 28mm thick.

A 25mm viewer could be cut to fit the thin panel.

Reply to
Ziggur

"John" wrote | I hope someone can answer this question. My father has a PVC | Door bought from CR Smith in the UK for way too much money, | but that's a different story... anyway I visited him last night | to find that he has contacted CR Smith to come out to give him | a price for fitting a spyhole to his door- he said something about | being quoted £400 for the priveledge(which has now been cancelled).

Instead of risking damaging the way-too-expensive door with a spyhole (especially if it's still within any warranty), what about a CCTV camera mounted nearby?

Owain

Reply to
Owain