Fixing to plasterboard wall

I want to fit a cd rack to a plasterboard wall but the fittings I have only allow up to 15mm thickness and my cd rack has a 20mm back. I can't find any fittings in my local shed which allow more.

Are there any alternatives?

Phil

Reply to
manoman

What ?

Reply to
BigWallop

Go to a better shed, or a builders merchants, or try an online site such as Screwfix.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

spring toggles.

You can get them with quite long bolts that will certainly deal with that. .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

If you're using butterfly or toggle bolts you can buy longer machine screws in the larger B&Q etc. But for something as light as a CD rack, I'd say those plasterboard fixings that take wood screws would do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

thanks to those who replied and could understand the early morning ramblings of a night shift worker. better local shed ahoy!!!

phil

Reply to
manoman