Spike in electricity demand forecast as nation tunes in for EU poll result

Catch it on Gridwatch

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Not convinced the punters will be as interested as the pundits. Don't think I will be staying up.

Reply to
newshound

Nor I, but in the morning I may be starting the process to become Spanish.

Reply to
Paul

En el artículo , Paul escribió:

Been there, done that. You'll need a pen full of ink, access to a photocopier and endless patience.

You will very soon appreciate the meaning of the Spanish word "funcionarios".

Take my advice, and pay a gestoría to handle it for you.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I bet everyone has gone to bed as they are still tired from the disturbed night due to the storms last night. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't think many people outside London got the storms. Be thankful they didn't kill as many people as the the lightning in India

Reply to
Andy Burns

I slept though the storm, unlike SWMBO

Reply to
charles

Both me and my SWMBI slept right through the storms (it's amazing how much attenuation a 200 mile airgap can apply to even the most ferocious of thunderstorms :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

There weren't any storms last night. It was a lovely night.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I had actually considered that. I've read the bumph and it seems straightforward enough, but maybe a gestor could cut a few corners.

I've been here for 13 years, am a member of the board/committee of a

national trade association, have stood for political office etc., but s till have to do exams to prove I understand the lingo and the constitution.

I already know about funcionarios.

There was a quiz show on the TV and a contestant was asked "¿y qu? ? hace usted?" to which he answered "pues nada, soy funcionario".

Raised a giggle.

Reply to
Paul

Behind a paywall...

Can't see anything around 0600 Fri. Small pickup (300/400MW of pumped) around 2230 but that could just a set dropping off line some where.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not on my computer.

Agreed. It didn't happen.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

En el artículo , Paul escribió:

:) It's an admission that funcionarios are 'jobs for the boys'.

I'm seeing this graffiti more and more often: 'funcionarios: más trabajo, menos dinero!"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

And jobs for life. Franco saw to that.

Statement or wish? The latter, I would hope.

The ones in our town hall do diddly squat.

Reply to
Paul

En el artículo , Paul escribió:

The latter, yes. Although times seem to be a'changing.

But you have to admit some of them are most attractive.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

You wouldn't say that if you saw them.

Reply to