Spare battery charger cradle needed for Black and Decker 3.6V screwdriver KC9019

Hi,
I have a B&D cordless screw driver in perfect condition - and no intention to replace it. Through poor design and poor storage of the charging "cradle" the LV lead from the plug / transformer is very badly frayed and about to come away from the plug. This does not look like something I can open up and re-solder the wires inside the plug. Shame, as the charger still works.
Does anyone know of a UK supplier of replacement cradle chargers or anywhere I can get this re-furbished?
Clive
On 12 Feb 2004 08:24:59 -0800, clive snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) wrote:

Would buying an equivalent power supply not be cheaper than buying a complete unit? ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
clive snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) wrote in

I've found thes respond to sawing across the corners with a fine blade, also alonf the sides - you can see the seam - then levering the case open with a screwdriver, doing the repair and glueing the case back together.
If it's f'd you've nothing to lose.
Otherwise, like Lurch says, get an equivalent wallwart and nail it on.
mike r