Source of used oil drums?

I am about to try and make an incinerator from an old oil drum.

All I need is an old oil drum :-)

eBay and Gumtree don't show any in the local area - loads for around £10 but local collection only.

So where is the best place to get one?

Local garage?

Trying to think of an industry which uses loads of steel drums but doesn't use toxic chemicals.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I used to get through quite a lot when I was still in business although, as they contained solvents, they were all plastic lined. From experience, you will probably find a few dumped around the back of units on local industrial estates, depending how long it is since the Environment Agency had been around to nag about not leaving them there. As you don't need it in pristine condition, you might find an industrial chemical supplier has one or two that are past being reused.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Most car and van service places will buy their oil in them and may let you have one. I'm not sure if there is a deposit on the empties these days or not.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Truck, plant and machinery hirers, depots, dealers, etc. They use 205L drums a lot and are usually glad for somebody to take them away. Worst case, you might pay a couple of quid to the tea kitty per drum.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Mr Pounder

They probably use them for old engine oil.

Reply to
alan

only to store some to burn in winter...

Jim K