Source for decent abrasive paper?

I need to make a new large sanding board so want to get some decent 80 grit paper that isn't going to clog or give-up after 5 minutes. Has anyone any suggestions for brands, or suppliers with a reasonable price?

Reply to
no_spam

You have a slight conflict of interest there - the good abrasives are not usually that cheap!

I would also suggest getting an abrasive cleaning bar (a kind of softish plastic material that you drag over the paper to clean and de-clog it - it extends the life of the paper many many times).

Other than that, Norton, 3M, Mirka etc all make good quality abrasives.

Reply to
John Rumm

Mirka Abranet is good if you don?t like sawdust and it doesn?t need much cleaning (the vacuum cleaner does that and any that it doesn?t get falls off when you change the sheet).

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn