Graph paper source?

I'm trying to find a source for oversize graph paper, and I'm hoping someone here can help out.

Currently, I do a lot of design work on graph paper, which I print from files I created in a graphics editor. This is handy, because I strongly prefer to use what I think I've seen referred to as "quad quad" paper, meaning the paper is divided into 1-inch squares with thin but solid lines, each 1-inch square is then divided into 16 squares by lighter lines, and then each of those squares is divided into another 16 squares with lighter lines yet. I know this sounds like it would be very visually busy and distracting, but it works out extremely well, as I can see inch, quarter, and 16th demarcations at a glance.

I can also scale the whole smash up or down, effectively getting more or less "zoom" on my drawings.

The problem is that I'd really like to make some graph paper on larger pages, either 11x17 inches (double size) or 17x22 (quad). Quality printers to handle even 11x17 are too pricey for such a limited application, and the only graph paper I've found that's close is Bienfang brand which comes in those sizes but is limited to inches divided into 4ths, 8ths, or 10ths, and not the "quad quad" layout I mentioned above. (I just ordered some of the Bienfang anyway, from dickblick.com, but I'm really eager to try to keep my preferred layout.)

I've even considered trying to print or copy the sheets at Kinko's, although that would get very expensive, I suspect. I don't know anyone I can impose on who has a printer that can handle the larger paper.

Suggestions, anyone? (And no, going to computerized drawing isn't an option--I'll give up my mechanical pencil when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. )

Take care, Lou

Reply to
Lou Grinzo

This may or may not help, but it's worth a look-see:

Swingman

Try a commercial blue print supply company. We routinely use 1/8" x 1/8" grid paper and get it in various widths (24", 36", 48" & 60" widths)

Mike

Reply to
Rachocki

Have you tried an office supply store? Places like Office Depot, and OfficeMax carry graph paper in presentation size format for mounting on easels to be used during meetings and presentations.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

You want to check out the Dietzen Graph papers at any reputable blueprint supply.

Reply to
<manzanar

Try the Graph paper Printer app at

Barry lennox