Sliding aluminium patio doors

Dear all, as per subject line, I am looking for some sliding aluminium patio doors. I am most particularly *not* after the bifold doors that everyone seems to be selling these days. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get the normal (read, old-fashioned) sliding doors from? I can find plenty in uPVC, but not metal. Pointers gratefully received. Cheers, Jim.

Reply to
Jim Walsh

Hi Jim,

I've been very happy with our Monarch patio doors.

They still appear to be available, and my doors are fine after about 15-20 years, although the bottom runner needs occasional lubrication. I seem to remember them being fairly expensive however.

Reply to
Ian Smeaton

We had a 3 metre long SmartSystems Visoglide aluminium door installed earlier this year - very happy with it. It's the thermally broken version - it has to be to meet current building regulations as I understand it.

We bought via their local distributor, Salisbury Glass. Any warranty is via them as well.

Reply to
Jim