Sheepswool

In a recent thread (NP?) it was suggested that you could halve the heat loss through brick with as little as 10mm of closed cell foam. There is a 28mm plasterboard/foam product but maybe the camping mat style foam could be stuck to the wall behind your Tudor tapestries.

Reply to
stuart noble

Wouldnt a run through a washing machine solve all those except the twigs, which arent much of a problem?

NT

Reply to
NT

Maybe that why all the suppliers I came accross sourced from Eire?

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the wool board. Maybe the farmers should tell them to get stuffed?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I would have a job getting a sheep to run in my washing machine.

--=20 Davey.

Reply to
Davey

There must be some sort of EU regulation that that contravenes. It's hardly free market friendly.

Reply to
Andrew May

If you want something thin to put between the timbers, Aerogel is probably the solution to your problems ... it will also solve the problem of an inconveniently large bank balance.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Wonder if in the spirit of DIY a farmer could set up a shear your own operation. First catch the sheep. And no ,Angle grinders are not allowed.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

You want to put a loft's worth of wool through your machine? That ought to wear it out.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

"You Shear 'em".

That's what BBC2's Sheepdog Trials are for.

Spoilsport.

Reply to
Davey

Looking at their website, it is to be applied on top of the stud, or vertical timbers in my case, before installing drywall sheets across the whole, which would hide the timber. Not the desired effect, unfortunately. But I appreciate the link. I like the idea that you are paying for a load of hot air!

-- Davey.

Reply to
Davey

Well thing is you are still losing money on every Kg of wool, and the WMB take most of the hassle out of disposing of large quantities of it and at least you do get some money in return. Selling privately is ok if there was a big enough market in the UK for it, (1) but then you could be stuck with the Tesco buying mentality, ie try selling fruit to a supermarket.

Things may well change in the future as the price of Synthetic fibre increase with the price of oil.

(1) did you know that most of the wool produced and sold in the uk is sent to China for cleaning before being shipped back here.

-
Reply to
Mark

Reply to