shamelessly OT: winners and losers

Clot wibbled on Monday 28 June 2010 00:15

You are Greyson and I claim my £5

Get shut of the animals and let the serious players with less self

Reply to
Tim Watts

Brilliant. Thank you, I had not seen that before.

Reply to
Clot

Oops I should have said the English. That shows how little I know about soccer. It's only a British team for the Olympics, to get the medal count as high as possible.

Reply to
Matty F

I doubt it. I don't need to go to the tip now because my neighbour has had a large skip for several years.

Didn't NZ beat them at cricket too? Not to mention rugby.

Reply to
Matty F

I meant Italy, but your reply still applies, esp. cricket.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I find it pleasantly surprising there are some corners of society that aren't overly passionate about 22 men kicking an inflated pig's bladder about.

Reply to
1501

Isn't there is a foreign player limit in cricket? Without that the national football team is doomed.

Reply to
stuart noble

Such corners may exist. NZ isn't one of them, although here it's 30 men (or women, believe it or not), and the bladder is an ellipsoid.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

But taking part IS.

You missed that bit -as did Rooney et al (No offence intended for the others but his name comes to mind as the most famous now Beckham is a business consultant for the amateurs.)

As far as I can make out the early matches are a couple of teams sharing a field whilst they play pass the ball back, with only one ball. Not sure of the rules and I know they only get expenses but surely they can afford two balls for that sort of what ever it's called? Malarkey? Game? Waste of time?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

It could be a H&S issue, keeping your eye on two balls might cause confusion. They only have one ball in most football games I've watched, not that I've watched many. Even the Americans only have one ball (it's just a bit squashed that's all)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I think you'll find entertainment involving two balls is not normally public.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Juggling?

Ten pin bowling?

Snooker?

Croquet?

Lossa balls in all of them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

None of those use exactly two balls at the same time by the same player.

Reply to
Matty F

IIRC they have to make provisions at landfill sites for gypsum now, which makes it more expensive.

They have special skips round here (Cambridgeshire) for PB.

AIUI the gypsum is recycled

Reply to
chris French

So can juggling.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Normally played with four balls.

Juggling fewer than three balls is trivial. Even I could do that.

Reply to
Matty F

yes, but that is not what you said. You said two balls exactly at the same time by one player.

That is the essence of the croquet, or the roquet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh yes, I estimate on about two thousand occasions. What were we talking about again?

Reply to
Matty F

Nah - 'cause technically that's not juggling

I think it's called a cascade

and ... yes

Reply to
geoff