shamelessly OT: winners and losers

We've spent the last decade teaching our primary school kids that winning games isn't important. Just thought I'd throw that in at ten minutes to three.....

Reply to
stuart noble

Well, they've learnt now :)

Didn't see the match - was busy oiling the deck :) GP was good though...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

After the first goal I decided not to depress myself and went an cut the lawn.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On the upside, there were some crackin' bargains on eBay ;-)

Reply to
pete

Let's hope the kids will try and explain to daddy that it's the taking part that's important :-) My teacher says so (well, for the moment anyway)

Reply to
stuart noble

And the local tip was comletely empty :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman wibbled on Sunday 27 June 2010 18:39

And the staff were probably in the portacabin watching it , so you could dump naughty stuff and nick the good stuff :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble saying something like:

Nice to see the lessons have taken hold :) And they say education is wasted on the young.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I went to the Supermarket.

Surprisingly it was quite full.

Come on Argentina (now who would have thought we'd be saying this?)

tim

Reply to
tim....

What is there that you can't dump?

(I know you can't take trade waste but every dump that I have been to now enforces this by making sure that anything bigger than a car can't get in without "reporting" to the office).

tim

Reply to
tim....

Its not wining that matters its not bothering to try that matters.

I went to best buy and bought a new SLR and watched some of the match in 3D, it was cr@p. The BBC doesn't have enough 3D cameras there so when they switched views it wasn't 3D, then it was, then it wasn't..

Reply to
dennis

At my tip they weigh the whole car and trailer going in and out, so the more good stuff you nick, the cheaper the price. It's also good if you pick up some heavy passengers before driving out.

I thought the Brits were good at soccer? NZ were unbeaten! :)

Reply to
Matty F

Plasterboard for one. Bizarre I know.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does that mean if you pick up more than you dump, they pay you?

We did better than the old champions. Wahoo!

Reply to
Gib Bogle

After watching several World Cups, I have to say that most of the games are always cr@p.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Stuart

No need for that. Read

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Careful here, you might end up without another English reply :-)

Dave

Reply to
dave

tim.... wibbled on Sunday 27 June 2010 21:19

Can't dump plasterboard or asbestos at our one.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts wibbled on Sunday 27 June 2010 23:16

Or tyres, come to think of it...

Reply to
Tim Watts

T'will always be the same until we get rid of the "professional" game.

Get shut of the animals and let the serious players with less self interest play for us.

Reply to
Clot