sealing grout behind hob

I'm tiling the wall behind our newly installed hob with 100mm square tiles. It's obviously going to get splashed with stuff we're cooking on the hob, which will wipe off the tiles no problem but is going to get stuck in the grouting. Is it usual to seal the grouting with something when tiling in this position and if so, what?
--
Tim Mitchell

I've personally never heard of such a technique, but you could use a clear acrylic sheet on them to give some sort of protective covering. This is mostly used in commercial situations. I usually use waterproof grout which lets me wash the splashes off though.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

discolour if it gets fatty splashes on it (the tiles have uneven wavy edges so the grout lines are quite wide). Anyway if it's not normally done I will stop worrying about it and use grout whitener every so often...
--
Tim Mitchell