smartening up sealing strip behind hob

This grouting is very dirty and greasy and partly falling out around the sealing strip behind the gas hob.

Novice would be grateful for any pointers on the *easiest* way to smarten it up please. Thanks.

Reply to
john brook

No easy way alas.

Strip out old sealant completely, re seal.

If you want to know more post again :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Replace with

Owain

Also Google for "Fugi" or "Fugenboy" Watch the video at (link next to the picture of the product)

Reply to
Alan

We had something similar in our old kitchen it worked very well but be warned, if you are using large pans on the back hob ring

(enormous vats of chili con carne for 30 people or similar) the heat from pans which overhang the back of the hob whilst bubbling away tends to melt and distort the plastic over time...

but the us diy types have swmbo or hwmbos who actually do all that hot messy delicious cooky stuff don't we ;-)

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Have a look at the pvc trims in your local tile shop. There are retrofit types that might suit you

Reply to
stuart noble

*Replace with *
you used this? Just wondering about the dimensions of the pre-cut holes and how easy they are to cut into the worktop right up against the tiles. Our nasty plastic sealing strip is disintegrating and an easy replacement would be good.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

That's neat, but £8 for 3 bits of plastic?

Reply to
GB

They're only little woodscrews, and they're hidden. Drill through the laminate and wedge a screw through into the chipboard.

If you degrease the worktop properly an appropriate glue would probably be sufficient, but heat might be a problem.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Its what they do, not what they are. I'd pay 2 or 3 times that if I had too.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman