Sealing a glass hob?

I recently fitted a frameless glass hob (Baumatic), but the supplied sponge sealing strip looks unsightly. Can anyone suggest another neater method of sealing the hob to the worktop, preferably without using silicon sealant.

Regards

Reply to
newman

L-shaped aluminium strip but your still going to have to glue it in place.

Picture looks naff but the strip looks quite pleasing in these sort of situations.

ben

visible across the surface.

Regards

Reply to
newman

I have a baumatic hob, which model do you have?

I used the sponge strip and you cant see it, it should fit under the lip and compress down. I'm asssuming my hob is frameless not much of a frame if it isn't but there is a slight bit of metal showing about 1mm in diameter so maybe yours doesn't have this?

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

It is a B13 frameless but the sponge strip shows all along the front.

Regards

Reply to
newman

Ah yes I see it doesn't have the 1mm metal. Why do you need to seal it? I would probably leave it as is or use silicone but you said you didn't want to do that.

Sorry cant think of anything else.....

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

I want to prevent spills etc from getting to the cut worktop or onto the top of the oven which is below the hob.

Regards

Reply to
newman