Sealing edge of garage roof

I have a concrete garage with a roof made of box profile metal sheeting tha t slopes very gently down from the door end to the far end. At the top of t he slope is a gap as shown on these photos:

age_Shrinker.jpg

age_Shrinker.jpg

age_Shrinker.jpg

It was sealed with a fair amount of Stixall but it?s all come loose due t o a combination of sun, weather, warping of the timber etc.

I?m looking for ideas on how best to seal it. It may not be clear from th e photos but the top of the timber is about 1cm higher than the top of the ribs of the roofing material.

I?d considered screwing a strip of something about 6cm wide along the top of the timber to overhang the gap and provide a ?roof? for it but it s till needs sealing in some way as water is bound go get in.

I also considered the dreaded expanding foam if I could get some that doesn ?t expand much so I could control where it ends up!!

Reply to
Murmansk

Trying to seal to the back of facia is never going to last as you have found out.

think you need to take facia off then seal/block up the roofing rib holes and under the flat sections to whatever is supporting the roof. Then see if you can find some "angle" with the same profile as the roof along one edge and flat on the other to cover the end of the roof. This is to protect and stop most rain getting at the end of the roof. This might suffice as a replacement for the timber facia, if not put that back but spaced away from the cover angle just for esthetics.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Murmansk

Lead or flashband? Not sure how long flashband would last if there is any movement between the timber and the roof. The metal part is very thin.

I thought about flashing of some sort but decided that it would be rather tricky doing the transitions up and over the ribs against the vertical timber particularly at the tops.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice