Screwfix prediction

today: Horstmann CentaurPlus C2 programmer - £24.49

I predict the deals for the few days will be ...

Fri: Erbauer 6 piece auger bit set - £15.89 Mon: Erbauer 710W 230V Jigsaw - £69.99 Tues: Dryton LP522 Mk4 programmer - £39.98 Weds: Secura TV brackets - fixed £11.49, tilt £19.99, fullmotion £29.99 Thu: Trimetals gas cylinder store - £224.00 Fri: Erbauer Multipurpose saw blades - £8.49

Reply to
Mystic Meg

First week in June's Deals ...

Mon 2nd: Hitachi 18V drill/driver - £89.99 Tue 3rd: Mountfield 3.4hp petrol mower - £299.99 Wed 4th: Fernox F1 protector or F3 cleaner - £9.98 Thu 5th: Trimetals gas cylinder store - £224.00 Fri 6th: 35 piece wood drill set - £29.99

Reply to
Mystic Meg

Next week ...

Mon 9th: DeWalt 98 piece drill set in tool roll - £29.99 Tue 10th: Insinkerator model 55 wast disposal unit - £159.99 Wed 11th: Triton 3kW oversink water heater - £49.99 Thu 12th: Chukka safety boots - £14.99 Fri 13th: DeWalt 31 piece powertool accessories in carry bag - £19.99

Reply to
Mystic Meg

Monday looks good.

Reply to
ARW

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

No, not that one, this one

Mystic Meg

I've got complete kits from the 1970s, less of course all the drill bits between 5 and 6mm

Reply to
stuart noble

I know that.

T'other is 100pcs & £10 less.....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I predict the deals for next week will be ...

Mon 16th: Makita 5 piece holesaw set - £9.99 Tue 17th: Hafele stainless steel splashback - from £47.99 Wed 18th: Duraplast s**te soft-close toilet seat - £14.99 Thu 19th: DeWalt 15 piece magnetic drill piece set - £9.99 Fri 20th: Sterling steel dealer safety boots - from £29.99

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh go on then, what's the procedure oh septic one :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Well, inspecting the page source, they select the image for the day's offer by dynamic CSS, so I started off using firebug to manually tweak the class from "bigprods_active_mon" to "bigprods_active_tue" etc to get a sneaky preview of the next few images.

Then knowing where the images were, their URLs are all in the format,

they seem to upload next week's batch on the preceding wednesday, so just plug values of NAME/DD/MM/YYYY such as

Andy Burns

Bad timing. I just tried that link and got this:

"The Screwfix Web Site is Temporarily Unavailable

Unfortunately our Screwfix.com site is unavailable due to essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Please try again later..."

and the same for this:

Reply to
Johny B Good

OK, rather than keep posting the future deals here, I've knocked up a webpage that will search for them.

1) Requires javascript.

2) Only tested with firefox.

3) Might break if you run it on a day containing a leap second.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Works in Opera. Thank you.

It might be handy to retain the links to the products for ease of reference, even if they're the links to undiscounted pages.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I since checked it in IE11 too.

Unfortunately it doesn't know the product number (other than for the current day's product) otherwise I'd link to them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In the Screwfix original page, in the script lines

var monProdhref = "

"

the product number is there (ie 86483), unless it's like safety boots where every item has its own code and the deal of the day website is to a "search.do" URL. Even if it's not today's deal the URLs work (without the deal pricing, though).

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yes, that's there for the current week, I can already see ahead to next week's images, but I can't see ahead to next week's script.

So, today for example, the script has the ID's for Fridays current offer and the previous 4 dead ones, then on Monday, it'll have Mondays's current offer and 4 future ones, I'll try to scrape them out, but by wednesday, there'll only be 2 future ID's but I'll have 7 future images.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Turns out to be impossible ... my page loads from my domain, so it can't load content from screwfix's domain to scrape the product numbers from it due to the "same origin" policy that browsers use to thwart cross-site scripting attacks.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The script didn't locate any new images after last week, I wondered if I'd been rumbled and they were only going to load the files to their server the day before, rather than 7 to 10 days before, or were blocking my referrer.

It turns out they've f***ed up their dates! e.g. today's image is named as though today was the 21st not the 23rd, maybe the webmolisher was looking at July's calendar?

30 piece screwdriver set
11 piece SDS drill set

Hitachi 10.8V drill & drivers

Swann HD WiFi security camera

Water resistant fire safe

Andy Burns

They've uploaded next week's deals, and they've not continued their mistake with the dates, so the script will start working again from Saturday ...

Reply to
Andy Burns