Screwfix - Excellent costomer service

I went on-line and ordered a specific tool from Screwfix ... then thinking 'while I'm at it - and qualified for 'free' postage -I'll order up some 'spare' things, rawlplugs, fuses, screws etc". The order was accepted and an email received in confirmation. Feeling pleased with myself and told my wife 'Sorted!' and settled down with a cup of tea. The 'phone went and my wife turns to me with a 'It's Screwfix, there's a problem with your order ... !" ... Screwfix's young lady said, 'The _tool_ you've ordered .. it's out of stock and we don't know when it'll be back in stock. Do you want the rest of the order?" "Oh, bother!' (or words to that effect)"that's the only item I actually wanted, the rest is just make-weight to utilise the 'free' postage!" That's all right!" she said "We'll waive the postage and send off the remainder. Sorry to have inconvenienced you!". The package arrived the following morning, and my bank account confirms that I wasn't charged for the non-supplied tool. This is service of a very high level. Thanks, Screwfix.

I managed to obtain the required tool ... but at a higher price than from Screwfix. That's life, and desperation :(

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Did the nice young lady offer anything else by way of compensation?

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

Brian Sharrock wrote: snippage

Screwfix postage is free whatever the order value. However they do charge for "packing and handling" if the order is under £45. Check that they waived that.

Reply to
LSR

I'm sure by saying that he checked his bank account that means he ( the OP) wasn't charged for anyhting other than the cost of the goods .

As for the "packing and handling" charge I _still_ regard it as postage despite what it is called ..Originally that's what Screwfix called it as well.

Stuart

Reply to
anony

They didnt do that with their old %10 discount on orders over £100. They just sent the order and you lost out on the discount.

Reply to
marvelus