are 6m lengths of 40mm waste pipe available?

Hi, I have a run under a floor and would prefer not to have couplings in case they leak.

If 6m lengths are not available would I be ok with pushfit couplings (have plenty of tehse but no solvent weld stuff/glue).

Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

Talk about the opposite extreme!

If you are worried about underfloor leaks, then you certainly don't want push fit!

Get some solvent. Solvent weld fittings are cheap and the solvent isn't exactly going to break the bank, either.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It smells lovely, too :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I thought you weren't supposed to go above 3m in a run without a push- coupler, or other means of allowing for expansion when hot water goes through..

Reply to
AJ

Thank you for the replies.

I was going to leave some room for expansion on the external elbow, and also the pipe will be supported on wooden batts under the floor, not clampled, so room for a bit of movement there. The run is just about

4m. I'm not really worried about push fit leaking but if greater than 3m are available, I may as well use it.

Having phoned 3 builders merchants, 1 stocks 4m lengths of 40mm

Reply to
nafuk

Staple a piece of carpet around the batts, so the pipe can slide on it _silently_. Might also limit noise transmission to the structure.

When I wanted about 12" of 50mm muPVC, I found it only came in

4m lengths ;-)
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel