Screwfix

Has anyone else had a problem accessing the Screwfix web site. I was looking for a replacement front door but the pages are so slow to open. On the subject of a new upvc front door I have had considerable opposition from the wife over the handle. She finds that most of the door handles are quite large and ugly. She only wants something the size of a yale lock with a pull too handle. Anyone seen a double glazed upvc wood grained door with a small handle?

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Peter G

UPVC doors are very flexible and hence need three point locking (it has nothing to do with "extra security", without it they flap in the wind). Three point locking involves quite a lot of mechanical losses and the big handle is needed to make everything get into place and pull the door shut. If you want a Yale lock size door closer you will need to find a motorised door!

Reply to
Peter Parry