Salter carpet feet

I've mislaid the carpet feet on my Salter 9028 bathroom scales which I now need as I've carpeted the bathroom.

Salter say they cant supply spare parts , so I need to find an alternative or make some.

I cant remember what they look like ,and goggle images cant help

Anyone got a picture ?

Caster cups could be an alternative if I could find some with a small internal diameter 2.1cm

I did read that its not obvious how they fit ( not Push ) anyone know?

All help appreciated

Parts

Reply to
christopher

B*gger I threw mine away last week.

Reply to
Broadback

Throw the scales away and don't replace them, we did some 20 years ago and have never looked back!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

or down? ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Mount it on a square of plywood.

Reply to
GB

What did they look like im still looking

Parts

Reply to
christopher

Just sit it on.

Reply to
meow2222

Yes you just need to make sure the weight is all taken on the legs rather t= han on the baseplate. If this is not the case the reading can be low or hig= h depending on the mechanism. I think New Scientist found that with mechani= cal types, bending of the baseplate is included in the calibration, but on = carpet this is reduced giving higher readings due to the way the levers are= connected. Digital scales often read lower on carpet - I guess strain guag= es connected to the legs in some way are feeling less force since the basep= late is partially supported. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Is this a mechanical or electronic pair? Obviously in the latter the feet act as the switch an thus it won't work on carpet unless the feet with the switch isdeeper than the pile.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is what I do. Works fine.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Good answer, because carpeted bathrooms tend to end up uncarpeted pretty quickly as carpet in a bathroom is just mank :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

nothinh wrong with carpet in the abthroom, provided you use one designed for that use. In this house, we have always (35 years) had a carpet. Now on No 2 since bleach got spilled on the first one.

Reply to
charles

Not in this house.

No it isn't.

Reply to
Huge

You can still get flotex carpet. Blue flotex reminds my of my grandmother's house ! Simon. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Hi there I need the carpet feet for salter 90185 sv3r scales, many thanks

Reply to
SIMONLIZ001

do you? Ok.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Put them on a piece of chipboard. Quite possibly better anyway.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Ughh. You have carpets in the bathroom ???.

Reply to
Andrew

It soaks up the piss.

Or so I have been told.

Reply to
ARW

Its called a sheet of stout plywood under the scales. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)