S frame for wall hung toilet

I am going to fit a wall hung bog & its been recommended that I use a concealed 's frame' which will hold the bog securely to the wall rather than it falling off the first time I sit on it! Does anyone have any experience of these namely where I can get one, how much are they and how easy are they to fit? Presumably they come in standard sizes or can be adjusted? I already have a concealed cistern so its just the frame I need (I think!)

John

Reply to
John

A sheet of 18mm thick plywood should be enough to hold the bowl, I'd have thought. If the ply is secured to firm timbers and doesn't flex to much where the bowl is mounted, and the bowl is fixed to this frame with the proper screw fixings, then it will surely take your weight.

Reply to
BigWallop

When a relative did this the frame came with the toilet...

Reply to
BillR

The Grohe DAL Rapid frames spring to mind. In fact they are the only ones I have ever seen in a merchants. The Rapid-S frame is for a solid wall / The Rapid-L frame is integrating within a stud partition. Adjustable 1185 - 1385mm. May be ordered from anywhere that does Grohe stuff or City Plumbing. Ridiculously expensive: complete with valve & cistern. There may be an alternate frame only solution called 'easy-tech'

Reply to
Toby

Mine came from the same place I bought the pan, and the frame also included the cistern. I didn't fit it myself, but as far as I could see, it just screwed to the wall and the floor, the cistern mounted in it, then a frame was built around it, pasterboarded, and the pan fitted.

-- Colin Swan

Reply to
Colin Swan

"John" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Just saw this:

Thought of your post and, eventually found it.

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt