Roof mounted Solar heating panels

Hi all

I may have missed it, but what reputable companies are folks using for roof-mounted solar heating panel for heating domestic hot water?

I seem to remember a past question on this but have lost the replies during a computer rebuild. I also seem to remember one variant that used a solar cell to run the circulation pumps as well.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Reply to
fredbloggstwo

Yes you probably did because the words "reputable company" and "roof mounted solar heating panel" don't sit together all that well in one sentence.

The best advice is to forget it and use the investment on other energy saving measures that will produce far better ROI.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think Andy's about summed it up. If you want solar hw to pay back well you make the panels yourself, or if you want it to struggle to pay you could use navitron tubes. And solar warm air is cheaper to install and produces more energy payback.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Solartwin

Mary Fisher

Its simple and works, but is a non-ideal control method, so doesnt maximise return.

NT

Reply to
meow2222