Replacement Spirit Level Vial

Hi,

I have a replacement vial for an old Rabone steel spirit level. Can any one recommend a good compound for fixing/levelling it?

Thanks Will Owen

Reply to
wilfman

In the 'old days' on the building sites we used to use ordinary plaster to bed the vials in.

Find a perfectly level surface, using another level and, asssuming you have dug the old vial out and cleaned around, bed the new one in using a dob of plaster each end and press down either end until the bubble show level.

If you mess up dig it out and repeat.

Reply to
Bookworm

This is a two stage operation,

1 - throw old level into nearest skip

2 - buy new level

seriously, half decent levels aren't dear so why use an old one tha could be "off

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to
wilfman

It will only be off if he fits the new vial wrongly.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq