Replacememt for Sangamo 410 CH programmer

Hello,

I have an old-style Y-plan system; HW and CH can run independently from each other. I would like to replace my Sangamo 410 CH programmer with a

7-day one, like this:

Is this a straighforward replacement? I don't have yhe Sangamo installation manual.

Cheers,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

It should be

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It doesn't look like a one for one swap, one has a back box with 8 terminals the other has a back box with 6 terminals. You will have to work out the wiring to your existing programmer and that required for the new one and maybe use an intermediate wiring junction box Example box

but cheaper elsewhere

Reply to
alan_m

The old Sangamo has 4&5 connected, so really 7 terminals. It also has off c ontacts for both HW & CH, one of which isn't needed for Y plan. So it shoul d indeed be a straight swap. The OP does of course need to identify which t erminal is which on each device.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I would think replacement should be reasonably straightforward. I recently replaced a dead Honeywell programmer with an ST9400C. Doddle. Very minor changes to wiring and a little bit of carpentry to set it nicely. FWIW this is probably the most user friendly programmer that I have ever come across. I've seen a few. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Thanks for this and for all the previous answers (the link to the Sangamo manual is very much appreciated, not that the other replied are not). I will take a look at the Honeywell manual and see if I can map one to the other, but this looks like it's beyond my capabilities, as I did not even manage to understand under what "Form" my set up would be.

Cheers,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

You dont need to know what plan your system is, just identify what the terminals are on each contorller. They'll all be marked.

NT

Reply to
meow2222