Removing asbestos guttering

Just found that one section of the guttering I'm removing looks as if it's asbestos. Do I have to get some authorised fok to remove/dispose of this? thanks

Reply to
dave

- beware could be heavy to remove without breaking it. Can't it be left alone?

Do I have to get some authorised fok to remove/dispose

IME plenty of cowboys will do it for you without them even wearing this fussy PPE stuff - ye just lightly wash down their work after they have thrown the offending material dry and naked in the back of their van, and not told you where it's going.

What's H&S & WEEE?

:-(

Reply to
Adrian C

I wish it could. Basically the guy next door is knocking down his garage and this gutter is a common length that runs between my garage and his. At the end of the run the asbo turns onto his land - so I'd have to break/split that 90 deg and refit to point 'tother way. Then joint it to plastic. Chances are it'd break. So I thought to just replace the whole run.

I can take the precautions when stripping it off - but disposal - can't just take it to the tip I guess.

Reply to
dave

Give your council a ring and ask. Our tip err sorry recycling centre will take reasonable domestic quantities of cement asbestos, subject to conditions (I think you just have to bag it up).

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Check with the waste/disposal section of your council's website, Leicestershire will accept cement bonded asbestos from householders, subject to issuing a short term permit in advance.

Reply to
Andy Burns

critcher said............... just has to be double bagged at my local recycle centre.

Reply to
critcher

Just double bagged here too (Trafford), no need to notify in advance or anything.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker