Recessed soap dish tile

When I had a bathroom redone in the US of A, it was possible to get a deep soap dish tile that recessed into the wall, to put yer bar of soap in. Something like this:

These seem to be unavailable in this country - we are expected to have things attached to the wall which can get biffed and which don't hold the soap.

Anyone know why these things don'e exist over here?

Reply to
Tim Streater

They do:

andrew

Well I'll be hornswoggled - thanks. Everything I giggled for came up with US of A links or (bizrate or Ask Jeeves and other similar s**te).

Reply to
Tim Streater

Baz

I must've been living on another planet, 70 flamin' quid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
brass monkey

It fits in well with the pricing stucture for their other items 4-5 grand for a bath !!!!!

Reply to
whisky-dave

We had such a tiling soap-dish in my childhood house. Built in 1953 with careful regard to post war austerity. Top part was a grab-handle

Reply to
Graham.

Popular in the 1970s - I remember them.

If 'sandy colour' would suit here's a new old stock coordinating set:

Owain

Reply to
John Rumm

Why not just order one from there?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Probably rather get this one:

a snip at £37. But at least Armitage Shanks is a reasonable outfit, AFAIK.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Could do. I ordered some memory chips from the US of A (static DRAMs) but you pay import duty, VAT, and then £8 to the post office for doing the import work for you.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I've found most US companies insist on using some expensive postal method (to the UK) even for stuff of low value which would go in a jiffy bag - and you'd just pop in the post here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Support jobs in the UK These beautiful niches are made in the world renowned Stoke on Trent area of the UK, known for their high quality ceramics.

Patronising or what?

Sales across Europe: including England, UK, United Kingdom,Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland,

Reply to
Graham.

I have fitted them ... made by armitage shanks

Reply to
Rick Hughes

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Don't we have metric tiles nowadays?

Surely those stone age septics will still be working in imperial

Reply to
geoff

That's the usual insularity thing - most of them are ignorant of cheaper services and it might be because they have a contract with a land-coverage service which only passes on overseas orders to a favoured connection.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I've dealth with KEH in Georgia, US, a few times. When I balked at the UPS price they immediately offered USPS at around a third of the cost. Now, this may be down to dealing with one particular individual, but his willingness to go the extra mile has got him extra business from recommendations from me and others on various camera forums.

Dan Orchard, in case anyone is interested.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon