Washing machine element - sealant?

I'm just fitting a new element to our old Hotpoint washing machine, and it struck me that some sealant might be a wise move. Then I looked in the manual and it says the same!

Any recommendations, please, on what to use? Clearly heat and water proof, but I'd rather *know* rather than guess...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm just fitting a new element to our old Hotpoint washing machine, and it struck me that some sealant might be a wise move. Then I looked in the manual and it says the same! Any recommendations, please, on what to use? Clearly heat and water proof, but I'd rather *know* rather than guess...

(apologies if you see this twice; I can't see it on a few servers)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ask Hotpoint? Alternatively a proprietary sealant such as Hermetite may well do what you need.

Reply to
..

Normal silicone comfortably goes up to 260C, so will work fine for this application.

Reply to
Grunff

you can use pretty much any of the sealants. silicone, plumbers mait, epoxy, whatevers lying around. I would choose flexible, as theres a lot of vibration.

NT

Reply to
meow2222