Re: RFD uk.d-i-y

Page 6 of 8

You don't drink tap water in London then?
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:14:19 +0100, Peter Ashby

Strange to tell, no!
Bemused of Bucks. ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

I think most people in London don't drink London tap water either. It tastes truly 'orrible and looks worse.
666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote:

couldn't understand why I couldn't get the nitrate level down below about 70ppm. Then I tested the tap water and found it to be about 50ppm so using it for partial water changes wasn't much help.
Fortunately I had access to distilled at work. I used fill a couple of 5l mineral water containers up and use those. We had lots of containers to spare as we kept one in the fridge for drinking water.
Up here the water is soft, slighly acid and pretty well no nitrates, it also tastes a lot better so we save money on the mineral water. IIRC we used to buy Highland Spring, their bottling plant is just the other side of Perth.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

Only when turned into Young's or Fuller's.
--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Hmm, the beardie in me seems to remember at least one of those fine emporia of the amber nectar has their own borehole.
Peter Mine's an Old Peculier thanks.
--
Peter Ashby

geoff

Goes without saying, dear boy. <g>

Ah, I was on the Montepulciano de Abbruzzo. Yum.
Ali

"di"
Indeed, but not the stuff sold in England, which is vinegar by comparison with the real thing.
--
Mathematicians, please don't drink and derive.

Oops. :) Sorry, the problem with speaking more than one Latin language is that you muddle words! :) I realised in Sitges the other week that I was freely and joyously mixing Catalan, Spanish and French. Not that they care, bless them.

Absolutely.
Ali

Flat-packed only.
--
Richard Watson
http://www.opencolo.com /

<Paul looks down at wasteline>
I wish... :-)
Paul.
--
A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality

JMS: "SFX is a fairly useless publication on just about every imaginable front.

Blast. Beat me to it. :)
--
A. Top posters.

Me too. The diversity is part of the fun.
Hi Andrew,

If new DIY groups are created, can the hypens please be dropped. uk.rec.diy.* would show up much better when people search for `DIY' in a newsgroup name.
Cheers,
--
Ralph Corderoy. http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/ http://troff.org /

Ralph Corderoy wrote:

Agreed, I only found this by chance, after searching for the logical DIY came up blank
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:20:42 +0000, Zapp Brannigan

There was a thread on this a couple of months ago, and most people felt., certainly the regulars, that things should be left alone.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

Yes, but they have found this place so it makes no odds to them. For ease of use for newcomers I think it should be sorted out.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:58:31 +0000, Zapp Brannigan

This is not necessary since the content can be found quite easily by a search with any news client.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Hi Andy,

This is that thread, probably. :-)

I don't mind if it's left as a single uk.d-i-y newsgroup. My point is that if, at some time in the future, the newsgroup is split, and possibly put under its `proper' uk.rec place, that the hyphens be dropped at the same time.
Dropping the hyphens alone isn't enough reason to do anything.
And, despite what someone said about it not being hard to find with Google, if I use a newsreader to search through all the newsgroups my newsservers know about for `diy' this one doesn't show up. And that's surely broken.
Cheers,
--
Ralph Corderoy. http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/ http://troff.org /