Re: Parking in SW11

wrote:

Thanks for the Homebase tip, that's an excellent idea. And its at the right end of York Road, so that's a bonus.
Does anyone know if its ok to park at Homebase (York Road SW11) for several hours during the week, perhaps even on a Sunday, or are there any signs that say differently?
Thanks again

I'm pretty certain they all have a notice saying parking is restricted to say two hours and for customers only. The question is whether they enforce it. The big B&Q at Wandsworth Bridge close by had private traffic wardens for a time - the workers on the building site opposite were taking the p**s, as was the local Merc dealer.
--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

If all it says is it's for customers only, then find an old receipt to prove you have been a customer of theirs...unless it states it is for customers using the store today only, then it should be ok ;-) Or just go buy something really cheap, like some sweets from near the till!
Sparks... (Not a Lawyer!)

Something like this is an effective method in places like Waitrose, where at certain times of the day they make a charge for the car park via use of a barrier and a jobsworth unless one has spent at least 5 in the store.
If nothing is required that day, simply buy a gift voucher at the newspaper desk - no cost for the card and redeemable at face value.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Hmmm.
I wonder if you could then buy a new gift voucher the next day using the one you got the day before :-)
A fiver for endless parking wouldn't be bad!
Darren
On Wed, 21 Jan 04 09:59:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukc.ac.uk (dmc) wrote:

I have a feeling that you'd come back one day to find that something like a forklift truck had managed to create a new body shape for your car, and there were no witnesses.
Alternatively, perhaps they will make another one of those Peugeot 306 adverts and get an elephant to sit on it.
PoP

:-)
I can just imagine some odd conversations at customer service...
"A five pound gift voucher please" "Certainly Sir, that will be five pounds" "Can I use this gift voucher?"

Haven't seen that one - hardly seen an advert in the 18 months I have had a TiVo :)
Darren
On Wed, 21 Jan 04 20:47:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukc.ac.uk (dmc) wrote:

Just to explain (and I guess the advert must have worked!), an Indian guy drives his car into a brick wall, forward and reverse. Gets an elephant to sit on it. Wallops it with a hammer - you get the idea.
Then the scene changes where he's looking at an advert in a magazine for the Peugeot 306, cue shot of car that he's been working on taking the shape of the Peugeot 306.
It's a crap ad. You haven't missed anything.
PoP

Obviously not highly successful in getting it's message over either. It's for the 206 :-)

What's a Peeugeeott? ;-)
Oh! I remember now, it's one of those cars that can put out that stinky diesel exhaust that prompts me to switch off the heater motor :-)
Dave

It obviously worked for you though ;)
PoP

Like many, it was ok the first half dozen times. Very few pieces of 'cinema' survive watching hundreds of them.
--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up *

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:43:41 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

Especially when it sounds as though somebody is throwing up in the car towards the end.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

end is worth watching
--
David

Sweets from a Homebase? They'll be selling toys next. ;-)
--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:18:41 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

They do.
There's a new word that has been coined by the retail marketeers - "instore". The supermarkets use it, and now the DIY sheds. Makes me puke.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I once left my car in the local 'Focus' car park for the day, and arrived back rather later than anticipated, to find Focus closed, and the car park locked :-(
Had to walk home, then walk back, the next day.
--
Graeme