Re: It's official ! DIY recognised by the NHS ...

Doing what exactly yourself, remembering that in times past Diy was aanother term for being autosexual. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

20 hours, Brian? That could make you go blind!
Reply to
PeterC

Well if she left it alone then your blood pressure would not rise would it:-)

Reply to
ARW

"Arfa Daily" wrote: [snip]

Possibly not what you want to hear, but "yacht varnish" isn't much used on yachts. To weatherproof woodwork on yachts it is (usually) degreased with white spirit and then again with acetone. The wood is then soaked in slow cure epoxy and finally given two coats of polyurethane two-pack varnish to provide a UV resistant layer. Rubbing down with wet and dry between each coat is necessary.

That would seem OTT to me for a sign.

When erindoors wanted sandwich boards for her shop I made them from WBP ply, pasted printed advertising to them (printed on our Epson wide format printer) then sealed it with a water based exterior varnish. I expected it to last a few months, she still has them five years after they were made. The varnish stopped the print from fading.

Reply to
Steve Firth