Re: Boiler installation - how much - Question for Fred

Just caught up with this thread and noticed the reply from Fred which implies he's in Sheffield.

I've had three Sheffield plumbers round to quote for a straightforward replacement of a gravity hot water system by a combi. The first quoted £3800 all in for a condensing Vaillant. The second quoted £1230 all in for a non-condensing Ferroli, but he wasn't Corgi registered. The third told me that the condensing boiler regulations coming in next April have been dropped, so I didn't bother him for a quote. A fourth didn't bother to get back to me after leaving a message on his answerphone.

Fred, would you be able to tell me who in Sheffield you got quotes from, who got the job, and whether you were satisfied?

If you prefer not to broadcast advertising, you can reply direct by turning the invalid into a com.

Rob

Reply to
Rob