Re: Anyone tried felt-backed carpet?

A carpet fitter acquaintance fitted a felt backed carpet for me. He advised me to get the best underlay I could afford. He reckons its more important than the quality of the carpet. Quite pleased with the felt back, so far.

> I gather this type of carpet has only been around for a couple of > years or so. Has anyone tied one? Is it true that they don't require > underlay? > > TIA > > Jake
Reply to
Lawrence Milbourn

Well... On my recent trtp to Allders Carpets there was no less than 6 different choices to choose from. They will sell you the most expensive fear not.

Reply to
Scott Mills

Which to me seems to defeat the purpose of buying felt-back, the fact that it is cheap.

I just had a room done and got a choice of felt back, no underlay for

200 quid or hessian backed with underlay for 500 quid. 70% of the difference in cost was the underlay.

tim

Reply to
tim