rainwater downpipe

Does anyone know if there's a rodding eye/ access plate available for standard 68mm downpipe? At the moment it goes directly into the ground via a ceramic pipe and, although there's a drain cover nearby, it isn't really close enough to rod the downpipe easily.

I know I should probably fit a proper gully, but at the moment that's not going to happen. Too many other pressing tasks.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You can get a branch fitting which could possibly be used for rodding. Ideally needs a cap but in practise I dont think water will come out under normal conditions. eg screwfix 10055.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Cheers Bob. Hadn't thought of that.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I believe you can get stop ends for branches, or use a big bung.

Minimal cost solution: Cut a hole in the side of the pipe and cover it with a short length of the same size pipe (or squeezy bottle) slit into a C shape and held on with a pipe clip. With plastic you may be able to get a sufficiently-closed C for it to spring on and hold by itself. A bit of water may come through, but when it's raining the ground will be wet anyway.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Thanks. Sounds like one of those temporary fixes that stays in place forever :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble