Queens speech

The Queens speech made mention of a planning reform bill. No further info on BBC News website other than "details will be published next year".

Anyone know more?

Reply to
dom

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" contains these words:

I'm amazed she doesn't stand up in the middle and throw the lot at them, shouting "Sod this, I'm not putting my name to all this crap" and storm out.

Reply to
Guy King

Err, it wasn't to be a bill, but 'will publish proposals to reform the planning system'. I guess that'll mean any changes won't happen in the life of this parliament.

Reply to
The Wanderer

What ? And go without the peerage that Our Glorious Leader has promised her ?

Reply to
Paul Herber

Nor in the lives of anyone here probably!

next time we hear of it it will be called, 'the feasability study into working out the possibility and plausability of forming a study group for looking into the proposals of possible reform to the planning system', IE just another mechanism for swallowing vast amounts of cash while doing nothing.

Reply to
Phil L

|The message |from " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" contains these words: | |> The Queens speech made mention of a planning reform bill. No further |> info on BBC News website other than "details will be published next |> year". | |I'm amazed she doesn't stand up in the middle and throw the lot at them, |shouting "Sod this, I'm not putting my name to all this crap" and storm |out.

She does just that "My government will ....................." "My government will ....................." "My government will ....................."

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Nah, that's all been done. Actually I looked up the briefing paper issued by the PM's Office, and it seems as though it's primarily aimed at LAs, to speed up the time to get planning decisions. Didn't see anything immediately relating to building regs, etc. Time will tell......

Reply to
The Wanderer

I wonder what she'd do if it read something like "My Givt plans to abolish the Monarchy." would she go along with that, or abolish the lot of them (to the tower?)?

Reply to
<me9

She's a lady of dignity but I'm sure she must feel like doing it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My apologies, I should have added "If you don't have any further information regarding this particular proposal, please feel free to have an inarticulate, bigoted rant on some barely related topic". We'd all love to hear about that enormous chip on the shoulder you have.

Reply to
dom

I watched the story of the Herald of Free Enterprise that night and listened to the pie eater in chief giving us moral outrage about the safety design and valuable promises about what that lot of scammers would do if it were them.

The narrator went on to point out that the ships still don't have to have bow door safety controls installed. But at least it gave the Labour party a chance to bone up on not getting any government department covered in poo whenever they hold an inquiry.

They may be sock puppets and spin doctors but they know how to ruin a country properly. They could almost be Tories.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Weatherlawyer" saying something like:

What I also found priceless was the former CE of TT whinging on about 'it wasn't our fault the Dept of Floating Bits passed the tubs as safe without door indicators'.

Several times his own people had raised an internal requirement about door indicators and his company had ignored it. To be fair to the man, he'd only just taken on the job, but the blame for the lack of action rested squarely with top management.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" saying something like:

Fuck off, this is usenet. IBrants are the meat and drink of it and provide entertainment for countless dozens out there.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You are a clear sycophant. The best government this country has had in history is this current government. The sooner the LibDems push the Tories to one side the better we all be.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If it said an open planning system and land reform the parasite certainly would throw it back. What is it? Still only pays a voluntary 10% tax. In the 1980s when 1000s were living on the streets she paid NO tax at all and kept all her lolly. How the average British citizen puts up with anachronistic crap which holds us back is beyond me.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Those scumbags will do everything to stay in clover. A high percentage of the army are regiments that protect the monarchy. She would think nothing of ordering troops to slaughter normal people for her own self-interest.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Of course she would if it means she loses one penny.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is not that I am defending the Queen, but have you not noticed that only the ordinary peeps pay death duties, it is not just the Queen who evades them, all the powerful people do as well, how else do they keep their power? As they have the power behind the scenes the death duty laws, enabling them to evade it will never be altered.

Reply to
Broadback

The Queen uphold a ruling privileged class. She has to go and a meritocracy installed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dead people don't keep power mutt.

Rich people organoise tpo have their cash mountains invested in things that dohe Bermudas, outside tax laws.

Its funny to hear the anti-toff brogade now getting upset about death duties - once the most vicious of the anti-toff legislation ever introduced, which caused the demise of most of the large estates in this country.

As a typical example of an asset tax, along with car tax, council tax and the like, its just another way to make sure no one can own anything that doesn't produce enough value to pay for its tax, or lasts long enough to be worth something when they die.

They should all be scrapped.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher