Promession

Shamelessly crossposted.

I've done a bit of reading on promession over the last few years but have seen nothing of late. It last appeared that the English lot had a falling out with the Swedish lot. The iidea is of interest but seems to have become bogged down in bureaucracy.

Any ideas please. I have a good reason for asking. Perhaps more than one.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Nick

Here, hold this rapier missile for a moment I'll have to look that one up...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:16:41 +0100, Nick wrote in :

Make Room! Make Room!

Reply to
Ivan D. Reid

Was mentioned within the past few days somewhere - probably BBC news or Guardian - but could have been elsewhere.

Reply to
polygonum

I'm slightly interested in promession too, I nearly specified it for my own SDC arrangements when I made my will some years ago. I relented when I found that there were no promatoria in the UK, nor indeed anywhere (including Sweden, where the idea was first thought of).

I felt it would be laying an extra burden on my executors to make them hunt around for somewhere suitable to dispose of the old wader's earthly remains. Besides, I'm really not too bothered what happens to my husk once I'm done with it, the bonfire will do nicely, ta.

Reply to
Sn!pe

I would have thought the process is less environmentally friendly (at least where gas emissions are concerned) than traditional deep burial and cremation.

The first step is to freeze the body in liquid nitrogen. As far as I remember liquid nitrogen is prepared in a process that is reasonably energy intensive.

Reply to
Nicholas D. Richards

If the aim is to be composted, you can achieve this more easily by having yourself put through a meat grinder, and mixed with plant material. Not too sure what the executors and family would think.

NT

Reply to
NT

Spray the body over a field using a wood chipper, turn over the soil and leave it fallow for a year.

Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Fargo?

Reply to
Dave Budd

And NT was like:

Being made into glue and dog food would do me.

Shpx 'rz.

Reply to
Patrick Hardlentil

Makes you think - what _did_ Harry choose? Curious fans want to know...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

"Sn!pe" wrote

Can we have you stuffed and mounted on a wall plaque, electronically wired to sing "Don't Worry"?

OH, G'WAN.

Reply to
DeadMangledPigeon

If the aim is to be composted, you can achieve this more easily by having yourself put through a meat grinder, and mixed with plant material. Not too sure what the executors and family would think.

- - - - - - - - - -

Prolly wouldn't give a shit as long as the will was valid.

Look after your kids, they choose your nursing home.

Reply to
brass monkey

Beachy Head and a chunk of concrete (recycled, of course)

Reply to
geoff

Sn!pe ? Got to be a glass case, surely ?

Reply to
Richard Robinson

I've an Organ Donor's card and my body is for medical research - I want others to suffer after my death.

Reply to
PeterC

I keep getting tempted to specify an open casket funeral with somebody tasked to rig the body with servos so that at an (in)appropriate moment I sit up and wave goodbye. The only trouble is I'd like to watch the fun too.

Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

I should bloomin' well think so too, I wouldn't want to get dusty. Just stick me and my case at the end of the bar and label me "oldest inhabitant". If you fit clockwork and a coin mechanism my poor, cold, stiff body might be pressed into service to do a few catch-penny tricks.

Reply to
Sn!pe

DeadMangledPigeon spoke:

I'm sure these people would oblige: