Black Sandtex type finish

I need to refinish a contrast panel on the outside of the m-in-law's house. It is a Scottish harled house in white but has a panel in black. As far as I can see this is not painted but is coated with a black sand. However, it may be painted and the quartzy flashes are of sand particles which have washed clean. Does anyone know what it might be? (Musselburgh, East Lothian).

I plan to repair the surface and paint in black Sandtex Masonry paint - any advice on its use?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

It's probably done using black sand and/or black dye in the mix.

If you are painting it with exterior paint, just make sure it's dry and clear of any algae, moss or flaky residues

Reply to
Phil L