Temp reading on room stat (sort of)

I have a Digistat3 room thermostat, it is not connected to the central heating but used as a stand alone thermometer just because it can :-) it has worked ok for a few years but recently stuck at temp 34C. Batteries are new and I have tried sticking it in the fridge but still registers at 34C. Not an issue if I have to bin it but is there anything to try before I do that?

Reply to
ss

Sounds like it's had it. Only thing perhaps worth trying is to get into "Installer Option" and see if anything there can unlock it. If that doesn't work, and nothing else does, remember to remove the nearly-new batteries before disposing of it,.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

ss snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:S_gZH.85966$ snipped-for-privacy@fx04.ams:

Is it stuck on 34 as a "demanded Temp"? Some button pressing been done.

Reply to
JohnP

Yes, I find our room thermostat very confusing from that point of view. Very counter-intuitive in button pressing terms.

Reply to
Chris Green

Messed with all the buttons and no change, so took batteries out and left for a few minutes, replaced batteries and back to normal now. Doing this probably reset it.

Reply to
ss

Yes. ISTR my radio stat loses its memory if left for a few minutes without batteries.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher