Problem with shower tap

Hi forum, I wonder if someone can help me. I have recently had fitted a new mixer tap with a shower. To switch from Tap to Shower you lift a small square block up and twist to lock it (see picture). To return you turn back and push down. All has been working well upto last week when the block lifted but wont turn into the lock position, resulting in the shower working but water also coming out of the tap at the same time.

I have removed the spout via 2 small Allen screws and had a poke around but cant see anything. I also removed the shower hose at the bottom and still couldn't see anything, all this in situe as I don't want to have to remove the bath again.

I have noticed that there are 2 small screws that appear to hold the cross member which the block is part off, but before I go any further has anyone any advice on what this could be? If I strip it down am I wasting my time?

Phree