Pro shows how to repair roof tiles

Form another group

You know what happens when you SDS drill a wall from the inside, look at the parent page:)

Reply to
marvelous

Er, I can't see any problems. Looks like standard practice to me. lol

dg

Reply to
dg

Telewest did this to my previous home (and gobbed it up with clear silicone) while I was out. When I arranged to have cable fitted at my new place I made a point of being there when the engineer came. I had took the time to mark out the hole locations inside and out, and asked him to drill from the external inwards. He said that he could not do this as there may be cables behind the plaster. I laughed and pointed out that the wall was recently built and was not plastered yet!

He said, oh in that case, there may be cables inside the cavity. I looked at him and said, give me your F*@#ing drill and I will drill it myself. And he made me sign a disclaimer.

dg

Reply to
dg

Was he suggesting that there wouldn't be cables behind the plaster if he drilled from the inside -> out? ;-!

Reply to
John Cartmell

Surely everyone knows that if there is no plug socket or light switch, then there are no hidden cables!

dg

Reply to
dg

To save everyone scrabbling through 37 unidentified photos, I think he means these

Phil Addison

too close to the top or the, newish, existing fixing which is just as close to the top of the broken wall and is just as likely to fail?

Reply to
dennis

There's more weight there to hold it together.

Reply to
Rob Morley

You can see the cracks caused by the first failure. The upper part of the wall is not contributing much to the strength as a result. The new fixing is just as weak and just as wrong IMO.

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Phil Addison saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

get their fitters for British Gas.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

And do they only have one length of standoff bracket .. 'long' ... ?

Or even a hacksaw and drill to shorten th ... ah, ok, these are 'fitters' not 'engineers' aren't they ..?

T i m

Reply to
T i m