pressure limiting valved needed on taps?

Hi I've just had both my bathroom mixer taps fitted (screw down valves not ceramic). They are both connected to the mains cold, but they already seem to be dripping a bit and when you turn the cold on the bath it makes a popping sound. Should a pressure limiting valve should be fitted to each tap or the main stop c*ck be turned off a bit or is high pressure not the cause? The hot on the mixers is gravity fed.

Thanks

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Are the mixers suitable for mixed pressure operation? You can normally tell because they have a spout with two water passages, rather than being mixed in the tap body and coming out a single spout.

Rather than a pressure limiting valve, consider a pressure balancing valve. However, this will throttle the cold down to the lowest common denominator pressure. The other alternatives, beyond replacing the mixers is to pump the hot water, install mains pressure hot water, or install gravity fed cold water.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks for your answer. I can't see if the basin mixer has 2 passages as theres a little grill over the spout, there seems to be just one large spout on the bath filler. It's not really a problem with the basin mixer as you don't need to have both flows going at the same time, but on the bath taps there is a shower, if you turn the hot on to full the flow is OK but then it gets too hot, but if you turn the cold mains flow on just a minute amount and it goes cold. Also I'm worried that the high mains pressure could damage the valves(screw type not ceramic) or the seals. I realise that I could have a new cold feed from the cold tank put in but I'm worried this may be a bit expensive(although I definitely going to have a new feed for my downstairs shower so maybe they could do it at the same time and reduce the cost a bit?).

Martin

Reply to
Martin