Power Shower Air Lock Scream Noise

I recently moved into a house and the water pressure on the bath was quite low. This seamed strange as there is a very large water tank in the loft and is as high up as it can be. This supplies a hot water tank that I get my hot water from.

I had a plumber come round to take a look and he said that I'd need a pump. He recommended a pump and I agreed for him to fit it. This pump is fitted between the hot water tank and the bath.

The water now came out at a very good rate and I was happy that the pump was fairly quiet. However, since then it now and then starts to make a very high pitched screaming noise. The plumber said that an air lock is forming from somewhere and the pump doesn't like it as the air is getting into the pump, starving it from water.

The plumber has tried replacing the flexibles that went from the pipes into my bath taps, and has replaced the taps themselves. He did this in the belief that due to a significant narrowing in the pipe (going into the taps), this was causing it to airiate and the air going back up to the pipe and into the pump. However, I still have the same problem. Each time the plumber makes a change, it takes a couple of days for the problem to reoccur. When he was last here, he kept the taps on for a long while and completely emptied the tank in the loft, without any problem, but two days later, I have the problem again.

Sorry for this being quite long. Has anyone got any idea where my problem could be coming from? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Crookie74

There is a special fitting for the cylinder that he should have tried - the name escapes me - someone will help out. It takes the water from a few inches down in the cylinder.

I presume he emptied the water tank with the water turned off - of it was on at the time you have another problem - that of a tank filling too slowly.

Reply to
John