Potterton Boiler

My Potterton Profile 80 Boiler, will not start, the system is live, the fan Kicks in and out, along burst at first, then a 5 second gap follwed a a 2 second burst on the fan. But throughout it simply wont fire up. I have tried using the reset button on the bottom og the boiler but still nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas??

Reply to
Graeme Proctor

Not to familiar with the boiler, but does it have pilot flame or an electronic ignition system ? It could be that the main gas valve inside the boiler isn't working properly or the pilot flame / electronic ignition detector is shot.

Reply to
BigWallop

possibly sensor or over-heat thermostat problem? not too expensive if it is. Check the boilers manual for fault-finding, and 'phone Potterton technical dept. with the symptoms - they should give you a list of possibilities. Hugh

Reply to
Hugh

Air pressure switch ?

Reply to
ski

Is this a repeating cycle? If so its the control box.

I'm not totally sure but I think the underlying cause is that the relay is stuck. Mechanical encouragement may unstick for a while. The problem is that the fan start the APS responds but the relay does not switch over to keep the fan running so the APS fails after a second or two. Then the fan is powered again and so on....

Replacements are readily avilable from cetltd.com .

Reply to
Ed Sirett

IMHO you should chuck it and install a replacement by a different manufacturer to save you long term grief

Reply to
John

In message , Graeme Proctor writes

It's either the air pressure switch, or, more likely the pcb

look at my site

geoff

It's not the relay sticking, it's either a capacitor or the zener diode

Reply to
geoff

In message , Hugh writes

Sorry I missed this, computer problems ...

Can someone repeat the question

Reply to
geoff