POSSIBLY OFF TOPIC: Screwfix electric heater.

A link or stock number might help for those who may be interested!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Hello all.

I've just taken delivery of that heater. It's a 2 KW white convector heater, with switched fan, mechanical thermostat, and 2 heat setting switches (750W, 1250W, 2000W). The thermostat appears to be reasonably sensitive. Overheat protection is by a circuit breaker and a thermal fuse (connected in series). The feet are attached with conventional screws (I'm mentioning this because all the other screws are 3-legged security ones). The smallest screwdriver (I have 4) fits these screws. It has wall attachment fittings. The reason for sending the message, is that I believe this heater to be "very good value for money" at £15.99.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Well, the link is Screwfix direct (no catalogue? You must get one). Quote:

69764-53. The delivery is £5.95 (usually next day).

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

ah, this one then...

prefer using the website, always up to date unlike a paper catalogue!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

No it's not the price is 21.94 - very expensive compared to 15.99 Argos

Reply to
zaax

Delivery is not free from Argos, so the delivered price is £20.94 from Argos. Delivery IS free from Screwfix if you spend over £45 Delivery is never free from Argos

So it depends on the circumstances to which is cheaper.

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

I like both. If you buy the occasional item, Screwfix will send you the latest catalogue (which they update fairly regularly).

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Look again: It _is_ £15.99, reduced from £19.99. With timer: £24.99. I also had 2 other items, so the handling charge is not quite so relevent

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Actually, you're right. The Argos one is made by "Challenge", and it looks as if it's the same as mine (under a different brand name). It's also the one with a timer (reduced from £24.99). Mine hasn't got a timer (my choice). If I had bought the one with the timer from Screwfix, it would have cost me £24.99 (no reduction in price). There is a limit to the comparisons one can make, and I'm happy enough with my purchase. But it's not the "very good value for money" that I thought it was.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE