Plumbing for new shower

Hi

As part of a house renovation, I am fitting an en-suite bathroom in the attic. Most of the Walls are down in the house so I can run pipe pretty much anywhere. There is a main bathroom on the floor below fed from an invented cylinder by 22mm pipe.

Is there much difference in shower performance between

  • extending the 22mm pipe from the existing bathroom to feed the new en-suite;
  • running a dedicated feed from the cylinder to the en-suite;
  • replacing the 22mm pipe with say 25mm to feed both from one run;

(Assumimg the same is done with the cold feed)

I want to make sure I get it right before everything is covered over.

Also, another question. Is it worth having a separate 15mm pipe to feed the toilet cisterns rather than off the bath cold pipe? In a previous flat, we suffered badly from toilet-flushing messing the shower up, which I want to avoid - but not sure if it will actually be an issue this time round or if I am just being paranoid!

Thanks

Miles

Reply to
miles

Where is your cold water tank located? , it needs to be at least one metre above the shower outlet to give enough head to feed a thermostatic shower , i also believe the cold supply should be from the cold water tank , not from the mains as the loo probably is, so that hot / cold pressures are similar at the mixer A shower pump may be needed here Steve

Reply to
devonsteve

It's an unvented hw system so all mains pressure and no cold tank.

Thanks miles

Reply to
miles

whoops sorry Miles try spellchecker next time , your original post read invented and misunderstood you lol Dont worry , a plumber will be along here soon i guess Steve

Reply to
devonsteve

Oops! glad I am not the owner of an "invented" system - sounds very suspicious!

Reply to
miles

fitting thermostatic shower valves should sort out any (disastrous) too hot/cold consequences of someone flushing somewhere mid your shower... pressure changes when bogs flush will probly be inevitable though...

cheers Jim

Reply to
jim