Plastic Waste Outlet

I removed and cleaned the waste trap under my sink at my new house to try and track down a smell, it was just coated with muck on the inside so that's fixed.

It's a 1.5 sink and the outlet from the main sink is a short length of 40 mm pipe with a nut at the end to screw into the sink waste outlet. The pipe has been cut short and only just enters the trap.

Can anybody tell me what this fitting might be called? A search of

returned no matches for plastic pipe or plastic waste fittings which is not very helpful :-(

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

B&Q website is rubbish for searching on. almost any other DIY store site will be better. From your description it sounds like a standard compreession wast fitting designed to accommodate both solvent weld and push fit waste pipes.

Try looking a screwfix or toolstation websites for picture to help you spot it. Toolstation offers free delivery on £10 and over.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

You have one of those horrible things. Just buy a 40mm trap for £2 from B&Q. and bin it. Or cut off the trap bit and just keep the straight bit to replace the existing short one.

I have two of them for a 2.5 sink. It blocked. I used a plunger and solved the blockage when the push fit on this fitting opened under the pressure, releasing all the water into the cabinet.

Just too lazy to tackle the maze of pipes from a GDU and two sinks.

Reply to
Ericp

surely a Sink Outlet:

John

If the bottom of the threaded part has been cut then sealing will be a problem as the seal relies upon having a good flat face for the sealing washer to butt against.

Reply to
John