Plastering

All the advice I've read about plastering says you should put the final coat on about 30 minutes after the previous coat to let it blend in. I've managed that for about half the job so far, but just had to crawl home and stop with one wall with just the first coat.

Any advice on how to restart tomorrow putting the top coat on.

Ta.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Give it a good soaking first. You may have to do two coats again to get a decent finish.

Reply to
John Rumm

You shouldn't have first coated it if you didn't have time to finish it off - you've not saved any time, in fact you've wasted more time than it took to first coat it.

You'll have to pva the whole wall and give it two new coats, but beware - it will go off like a bullet.

Reply to
Phil L