Advice please-plastering...

Hello, I have done some small scale plastering in the past eg fire openings etc..

I have a bathroom which was fully tiles and looked horrible and dated. I have knocked all the tiles off. The construction is timber studded plasterboard wall so i am left with bare board plus areas of tile adhesive snots. I intend to try and remove all/as much of the snots as possible. I need to skim it to give a good finish for painting. Can someone describe a good pastering technique?

My thinking is clean up the wall,make it as smooth as possible,neatly fill in any holes/grotty aras,moisten the wall with some water,trowel on the finish and smooth it with a trowel & derby..

When dry,rub down with one of those rubbing down trowels for as smooth a finish as possible,,,,the area to be finished is only 12 sq m in total,,

does this sound about right??

any other tips appreciated..

jo

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

Well,

For a competent DIYer with a steady hand (!), I'd say this amount of plastering is quite do-able. This is pretty much exactly what I did in a previous bathroom some years ago. I used premixed filling plaster (Wickes et al do this) to fill in the holes, let it dry out properly, then applied a coat of skim over the top with a trowel. Took me a few days but I ended up with a very neat job. best of luck with it Dave P

tarqu> Hello,

dated.

smooth

Reply to