Plasterboards - Again

Sorry to repost the subject but I need to buy in the next 48 hours.

Following up from my earlier post and replying to the questions/replies. It's to replace a ceiling, recent water damage.

The current stuff is about 8.5 mm thick, 100 inches long and about 78 inches wide, comprised of two panels.

The house that I'l selling is located in Hanworth - West London-Middlesex.

Need to get the stuff for this weekend and would prefer not having to chop it up, at least not lengthways. It doesn't need to be eactly 8.5mm, just close, I'll sort the rest.

Reply to
Road_Hog

9mm plasterboard - 6ft x 3ft or 8ft x 4ft sheets from any shed that's nearest.

hope for dry weather or a large van.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Ceilings want 9mm, and smaller boards than 8x4 for handling reasons.

Its very easy to add a bit of sound deadening when you put them up too

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Tho why you'd bother when only repairing one smallish area is harder to justify?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

100x78". It only takes a moment and practically no pennies to do

Good job I spotted the mistype of pennies

NT

Reply to
meow2222

And for the rest of the ceiling?....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

you can add some or not, its pretty trivial where you've got access

Reply to
meow2222

Obviously "where you've got access" it is trivial.

equally obviously *getting* that access will be the decider.

Adding insulation to one section of a ceiling sounds like a pointless waste of time & money to me. YMMV.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

You're making a mountain out of nothing. Chucking some sand or plaster up there takes no time and close to no cost.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

& you're talking bollox ;>)

so just how do you balance your "sand & plaster" on plasterboards destined for a ceiling repair job - presumably done from below/roomside?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

hardly

No balancing involved. Sand: Put pb up, prop it, chuck a little sand on, slide the last several inches into position and screw. Plaster: Put some lines on the board, position and screw. It aint rocket science.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

And you have done this? Or just imagined it?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K