Pipe Lagging Microbore Pipes

Ive seen pipe lagging for 15 and 22mm pipes, but not for microbore pipes. Any idea where i can get some.

Thanks

Darren

Reply to
darren_forward

Closed cell continuous lengths are used for aircon pipework which is often this sort of size, although I suspect it's probably a good deal more expensive than heating insulation (which doesn't have to be closed cell).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If the OP wants cheap you can always use cardboard. Just be sure to secure it with something that will last, ie wire not sellotape.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

BES

sell armaflex foam lagging in imperial sizes for microbore pipes (intended for air conditioning). It's quite expensive (about 60p/m). They also do an armaflex 'bandage'. What I used in my house is the old style felt tube lagging (it has a polythene liner as well). It costs about 10p/m. It's actually big enough to take a much larger pipe, but that doesn't matter - you could lag two 10mm pipes next to each other in one go. The insulation level isn't quite as high as foam, but it's far better than nothing. I've also used a bubble wrap and aluminium foil insulation in one section, but it's quite expensive stuff.

-Antony

Reply to
Antony