CH pipe lagging?

I live in a bungalow with a loft conversion.

Many of the central heating pipes are in the remaining, unheated, bits of loft at front and back, on top of the joists, and partly covered by bits of loft insulation (which seems to have been just thrown down).

Would there be any advantage in lagging these pipes? I'm thinking of heat losses rather than susceptibility to freezing; my CH system is struggling to heat the house at the moment.

Thanks,

Reply to
BartC

In article , BartC writes

Absolutely, expect to lose up to 30W/m on both supply and return.

See:

have 25mm pipe insulation on all the pipes in unheated areas.

Reply to
fred